- Work with a long term successful and proven company
- Excellent work-life balance
- Team environment where individual skill sets are recognised
- This job advertisement contains application instructions, please read it thoroughly.
About the Company
Austeel Industries Pty Ltd has been a market leader in the Prefabricated, Modular & Transportable Building Industry and has been servicing clients throughout Queensland and Northern NSW for over 30 years. Our client’s range across a wide span of industries and markets, including hire companies, small businesses, short term accommodation, residential construction, music festivals and other major events.
About the Opportunity
Austeel Industries is at an exciting point in its lifetime. There is significant opportunity for our company to grow and prosper and our desire is to ensure that our team shares in and enjoy this prosperity. With this growth, comes the establishment of a new working spaces within our workshop and the opportunity available is to be a part of the team who fills that new space.
Primary activities will be in our steel workshop; fabricating skid base frames and welded steel stud wall frames for our modular buildings. From time to time, we also have a wide variety of small fabrication jobs such as handrails, steps and landings, locking hardware, security grills and custom fabrications.
While we primarily hire for attitude and fit with our company values, there are some skillsets that are required for this specific role:
- MIG welding, especially of light gauge (< 2mm) cold-rolled steel sections.
- Reading and understanding technical drawings
- Set up and operate tools common to steel workshops, such as bandsaws, crop and punch machines, grinders and linishers
- Setting out and welding of steel frames, with and without jigs to produce work that is square, flush and flat
- Using initiative and creativity to produce jigs, holdfasts and gadgets to assist yourself and teammates in repeat tasks where appropriate.
- Completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail
- Maintaining a clean and organised work area
- Understanding and following directions from supervisors and following set workplace procedures
- Assisting fellow team members with team tasks
- Be flexible to perform other duties within the workshop environment when required
We are seeking a skilled A-player who can step into our team and hit the ground running.
Our team are reliable, hardworking & enthusiastic people who share the common goal of building a safe, enjoyable, & stress-free workplace by acting with honesty, integrity, respect, commitment, and a sense of pride in their work.
It is of the utmost importance that you also share these values.
You will be able to work autonomously on a variety of tasks and projects, effectively managing competing timelines whilst staying flexible enough to deal with urgent situations as required. You will also need to enjoy and be suited to working in a highly physical environment involving many manual tasks. Ideally you will have your own transport and be available during the flexible hours we offer, to make coming to work as easy as possible for you.
Most importantly: you will need to be prepared to make a commitment to yourself and to the team that you will turn up daily and give your best effort!
About the Benefits
Austeel Industries is a supportive, team-orientated business with a great internal culture. As a regional leader with a strong base of regular clientele, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain unwavering job stability. We have a 5 year directional plan that involves growth, exciting R & D projects, new product lines, and expansion. New personal development and future career progression opportunities will open as the company continues to grow.
A positive work-life balance is a core tenant of our company, and we work 6:30 am until 3:00 pm Monday to Thursday and 6:30 am until 12:30 pm Friday, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy your afternoons and weekends. Overtime is also available on a regular basis for those who wish to take it.
After successfully completing a probationary period of 3-6 months, this the job will be a permanent position at above award rates.
Bring your skills, knowledge and passion to this leading organisation and play a pivotal role in the growth and development of Austeel Industries.
How to contact us
To be considered for this position, please apply to us directly through our website by clicking below and provide your answers to our application questions along with a short detail of your work history, including points of contact relevant to each position. You will have the opportunity to provide a resume, but it is your answers to our questions that are most important to us.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!